Tofu and Vegetable Stir Fry
30ml canola oil
1kg firm tofu, cut into 2 x 1 x1 cm rectangles
2 red onions, thinly sliced
4 carrots, julienne
2 red peppers, cut into strips
200g mange tout, trimmed
200g baby corn, halved
2 cm piece ginger, peeled & grated
1 garlic clove, peeled & grated
125 ml soya sauce
1 packet Knorr Curry Vegetable Soup
45ml brown sugar
45ml syrup / honey
30ml sesame seeds, toasted
20g peanuts, toasted
- Add the oil to a wok or large pan over a medium-high heat. Once hot, add the tofu and allow to colour on all sides.
- Add the onion, carrots, red pepper, mange tout and baby corn and toss through.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stir occasionally, until vegetables start to soften slightly, you still want some crunch.
- In a bowl, whisk together the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, Knorr Curry Vegetable Soup, brown sugar and syrup/honey.
- Add this mixture to the vegetable and toss to coat. Allow to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve the stir fry by itself or with noodles or rice and top with sesame seeds, peanuts and fresh coriander.