It’s almost stone fruit season! This wonderful recipe from Zola Nene celebrates peaches, pairing them with a spicy roast chicken and sweet honey mustard sauce.
Spiced Roast Chicken with Peaches
8 chicken pieces (4 thighs and 4 drumsticks), skin on and bone in
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp smoked paprika
6 sprigs fresh thyme
Salt and Pepper
2 red onions, cut into wedges
4 cling peaches, halved
1 bulb garlic, halved
4 Tbsp. Olive oil
For the sauce:
3 Tbsp. honey
½ cup orange juice
2 tsp mustard
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Place the chicken into a large roasting tray.
- Mix together the coriander, cumin, paprika then sprinkle over the chicken and toss well to coat the chicken. Arrange the chicken, skin side up then sprinkle on the thyme.
- Nestle the onions, peaches and garlic in the gaps around the chicken.
- Season everything with salt and pepper, then drizzle with the olive oil
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes, whisk together the honey, orange juice and mustard, then pour over the chicken and return to the oven for another 15 minutes.