The Radisson Hotel properties in South Africa have successfully completed the SGS Disinfection Monitored and Cleaning Checked mark by SGS, a global inspection, verification, testing and certification company.
The official SGS Disinfection Monitored and Cleaning Checked mark confirms that the properties have met their cleanliness, disinfection and safety measures, and is based on the completion of testing by SGS which includes a remote in-depth validation to ensure the hotel has implemented all 20-Step and +10-Step protocols for Meetings & Events as outlined and recommended in the Radisson Hotels Safety Protocol, followed by an on-site audit and inspection which is completed using testing technology.
Conducted by local SGS inspectors, the on-site two-fold testing includes in-situ Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) and RT-qPCR testing. Both testing methods are essential to confirm whether the hotel is conducting enhanced in-depth cleaning and disinfection measures in line with the Radisson Hotels Safety Protocol.
The Radisson Hotels Safety Protocol outlines in-depth cleanliness and disinfection procedures, enhanced protocols, operational guidance and validation process to ensure the safety of team members and guests. The Radisson Hotels Safety Protocol includes:
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting frequency of all hotel areas, paying special attention to high-touch items.
- Stations installed with alcohol-based hand sanitizer and gloves at the front entrance and hotel public areas.
- All room keys disinfected and presented safely upon check-in.
- Express check-out process available for guests to minimize contact.
- Cash-free methods of payments made available and encouraged.
- Door hangers displayed with cleaning and disinfection procedures in each room.
- Comprehensive hygiene and prevention training programs for team members.
- Team members provided with personal protective equipment such as masks and gloves