A sensationally smooth and silky crème brûlée, spiked with organic rooibos and vanilla. For an added wow factor, use bamboo cups to set the custard in!
185ml fresh cream
2 organic rooibos tea bags
1 organic vanilla pod
2 free range egg yolks
30ml white sugar
castor sugar, to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 140°
- In a medium sized saucepan bring the cream to a slow simmer with the rooibos tea bag, vanilla seeds and husks.
- Combine the egg yolks and sugar and mix well.
- Remove the cream from the heat, strain it then pour over the egg mixture. Whisk until combined.
- Strain into 4 small oven-proof containers. Place the containers in a baking dish and fill with boiling water. Bake for 40-35 minutes until just set.
- Remove from the oven and cool down in a fridge until ice cold. Sprinkle with a thin layer of castor sugar. Using an open flame burn a caramel crust. Serve immediately.