There’s multiple elements at play in this dish – crunchy chicken schnitzels, aromatic lemon garlic cream and tangy salsa – all held together in a taco! In this recipe for Open Taco, ingredient Marvello is used – to find out more about it in a video from RCL Foods Brad Kavanagh, click here.
Open Taco: Chicken Schnitzel, Pico de Gallo, Guacamole, Lemon Garlic Cream and Charred Corn
10 Chicken Schnitzels
200g Lemon Garlic Cream
200g Pico de Gallo
2 Charred Corn on the Cob
A sprinkle of Coriander Microherbs
5 Limes, halved and grilled on a hot skillet
- Place Taco on the grill on either side for 30 seconds. Slice cooked schnitzel and place on the taco.
- With a piping bag, add guacamole and whipped cream. Sprinkle with salsa and corn. Garnish with coriander and fresh limes.
10 pieces Lemon and Black Pepper Chicken Schnitzels
Vegetable Oil for Frying
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a frying pan
- Fry chicken schnitzels for about 3 – 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy
Pico de Gallo
400g Tomatoes deseeded
400g Onions, finely chopped
Salt to taste
White pepper to taste
- Mix the above salsa and season to taste
Lemon Garlic Cream
10g Garlic, crushed
- Add cream to a metal bowl and whip until soft peak. Fold in lemon juice and crushed garlic
- Place in piping bag for service
50ml Lemon Juice, to taste
Salt, to taste
5g White Pepper
- Scoop out the flesh of the avo and mash into a bowl with the balance of ingredients. Place in piping bag for service.
5 Corn on Cob
100g Marvello Butter Flavoured Spread
- Heat a hot skillet (use the same skillet for the limes – no fat needed). Rub corn with Marvello Butter Flavoured Spread and grill until semi-charred but not bitter.
- Keep turning until tender. Slice kernels off cob to be used for assembly.
For more recipes, click here.