A healthy way to kick off the day, these delicious oatmeal pancakes are topped with creme fraiche, tangy granadilla and fresh blueberries. Recipe: Yolandé Schoeman. Photography: Kelly Zetler
1 egg yolk
60ml olive oil
zest of 1 lemon
125ml self raising flour
1ml ground cinnamon
250ml skimmed milk
100g clarified butter
150ml crème fraiche
Icing sugar, to garnish
4 passion fruits
1 punnet blueberries
1 punnet strawberries, sliced
- Pour the buttermilk over the oatmeal and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Use a hand blender or food processor to process the buttermilk and oats to a finer consistency.
- Add the honey, egg, egg yolk, olive oil and lemon zest and mix well.
- Sift the self raising flour, cinnamon and salt. Add to the oatmeal mixture with the milk, mix well and leave to stand for an hour.
- Heat a little clarified butter in a non-stick frying pan, pour in batter and swirl pan to coat base with a thin layer.
- Cook until golden brown, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
Spread 1 tablespoon of crème fraîche over a pancake. Fold in half, spread with 1 teaspoon crème fraîche and top with passion fruit, then fold in half again to form a triangle. Dust with icing sugar, and drizzle with passion fruit, then scatter with strawberries and blueberries.