Chefs, what would you do with R10 000? Treat yourself to a mini break? Shower your family with presents? Well, Nola is giving you the chance to win big when you enter your favourite summertime Nola Mayonnaise recipe! And not only do you have a chance to win R10 000 as a grand prize, but if you get your entry in before the 15th of December, you could win a bumper R4000 Yuppie Chef voucher just in time for Christmas!
So how do you enter? First, create your summer-inspired recipe using Nola Mayonnaise. Then, take a picture of your dish together with the Nola pack you used. Next, visit and upload your recipe and photo. Last up, share your entry with family and friends on facebook – the recipe with the most votes and shares wins the grand prize!
For a little bit of summertime inspiration, take a look at this recipe for Loaded Corn Fries from RCL Foods’ Chef Brad Kavanagh. Great for a main or as a sharing plate, these loaded fries are amped up for summer with charred corn, chipotle, chives, and of course Nola Reduced Oil Mayonnaise. Let’s hope this inspires your own summer recipe for the Nola Summer Competition!
Loaded Corn Fries
650g Potatoes cut into thin wedges/fries, skin on
30ml Sunflower Oil
125ml Nola Reduced Oil Salad Dressing
1 Tsp Chipotle Seasoning
½ Tsp Barbeque Seasoning
1 TBSP Chives, finely chopped
½ cup Corn, blackened in frying pan
30g Feta Cheese, crumbled
Dried chilli flakes – to garnish
- In a bowl mix the oil and potatoes together. Place in a roasting tray and bake in oven at 180°C until golden brown and fully cooked
- Mix the mayo, seasonings and chives together
- Place the potatoes wedges/fries on a plate, drizzle a little of the seasoned mayo over
- Add the corn, add the rest of the mayo dressing
- Crumble the feta over, then some chives
- Garnish with chilli flakes