Have you submitted your entry into the Nola ❤️ Summer competition yet? If not, you could be missing out on the chance to win R10 000! The competition closes at midnight on the 29th of February, and one lucky chef will walk away with the grand prize.
So how do you enter? First, create your summer-inspired recipe using Nola Mayonnaise. Then, take a picture of your dish together with the Nola pack you used. Next, visit the website and upload your recipe and photo (click here to visit the competition page where you can upload your recipe). Alternatively, you can email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Last up, share your entry with family and friends on facebook!
To get those creative juices flowing, take a look at this delicious recipe from RCL Foods for Smashed Avo and Bacon Potato Cakes:
Smashed Avo Potato Cakes
For the potato cakes:
600g potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp Nola Original Mayonnaise
100g cheddar, grated
3 spring onions, finely chopped
2 tbsp parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to season
2 tbsp flour (and extra for the surface)
Oil for frying
For the topping:
1 avocado, mashed
1 tsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper
Bacon, fried until crispy
- Boil the potatoes in a saucepan of salted water until tender. Drain in a colander removing excess water. Place the potatoes in a bowl and mash them until there are no lumps.
- Then stir in the egg, Nola Original Mayonnaise, cheese, onions and parsley, season with salt and pepper and mix in thoroughly.
- Roll into medium sized balls. Using the palm of your hands, lightly flatten the balls into cakes, on a floured surface. Tip the flour onto a plate and lightly coat the cakes with it.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Fry the cakes for 5 minutes on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve topped with avocado and crispy bacon (optional).