Chef James Diack is inviting Joburgers to celebrate The National’s second birthday by enjoying their favourite dishes from the restaurant’s last two years. “We’ve got a few things planned this weekend,” explains James. “Starting with our limited edition, “Best Of” menu. We’ve looked through the orders from the last two years, and asked our Facebook fans to vote – to find the most-loved dishes we’ve served so far. The menu will be available from dinner on Thursday, 21 September to dinner on Saturday, 23 September.”
The menu, priced at R225 per head, includes:
- Crispy fried poppadum dusted calamari served on a fish cake, spicy bisque, pineapple atchar and a citrus micro salad
- Parmesan filled arancini served with roasted cherry tomatoes, smoked red pepper sauce and aubergine crisps
- BBQ plate – smoked chicken, pulled pork, chorizo croquettes, cornbread and apple slaw
- Spinach gnocchi tossed with a truffle creme, black pepper crumble and leek hay
- Smokey mac and cheese served with either BBQ chicken, veg or acorn fed wild boar bacon
- Mini homemade sugar and cinnamon doughnuts served with a trio of dipping sauces
- Deep fried snickers bar with rum and raisin ice cream with a burnt orange sauce
Every diner will also receive a complimentary ‘National Cocktail’ – a blend of Caperitif and Swaan tonic – to accompany their meal. You can also visit on Saturday at lunch time for a traditional Smokin’ Saturday lunch.
“We are so incredibly grateful to each and every customer who has visited us over the last 24 months,” adds James.
To book, call The National on 011 327 3030.