All the flavours of nachos, but lighter and brighter! Here, nachos are used to give the salad a bit of crunch and a roasted garlic mayonnaise dressing really ups the temptation factor.
Nacho Avorage Salad
Recipe yield: 1x main course
Equipment: Mixing bowl
Preparation time: 20 minutes
200g tin black beans, washed & drained
30g cooked corn
40g red pepper cubed & roasted
25g cheddar cheese cubed
Coriander for garnish
Salt & pepper to season
30g nacho chips
¼ avo sliced for serving
Roasted Garlic & Chilli Dressing (makes 250ml)
250ml NOLA Reduced Oil Salad Dressing
3g roasted fresh garlic puréed
1 red chilli deseeded & chopped
- Mix beans, corn, peppers, cheddar & coriander together.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together.
- Add desired amount of dressing to the salad. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- To serve: Place salad on plate, top with sliced avocado, nacho chips & coriander.
- Substitute black beans with red kidney beans
- Use as a filling in a wrap (without the nachos)