The Festive Vegan & Plant Powered Show is taking place at the end of the month, so here is a simple and delicious take on ramen from one of the Show’s key sponsors Knorr, for Mushroom and Pumpkin Leaf Ramen.
Mushroom and Pumpkin Leaf Ramen
2 Litres water
1 Packet Knorr Brown Onion Soup
1 Small fresh ginger root finely grated
30g Mixed exotic mushrooms
Olive oil for frying
400g Plain instant noodles
4 Cups pumpkin leaves thinly sliced
Fresh coriander to garnish
Fresh chilli to garnish
- Sauté the mushrooms in a little olive oil for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Mix ¼ cup of water to the KNORR Brown Onion Soup to make a smooth paste, add the rest of the water.
- Add the onion soup mix to the sautéed mushrooms and bring to the boil.
- Add the noodles, pumpkin leaves (mekopu) and ginger to the broth and cook for 5 minutes or until the noodles are just tender.
- Serve the noodles in bowls, topped with the pumpkin leaves (mekopu) and broth.
- Garnish with coriander and chilli.