Summer is around the corner, so we asked consultant chef Xanthos Giannokopoulos how he creates summer flavour with Nola. In this recipe, he shows us how he’s used Nola Reduced Oil Salad Dressing for fresh, crunchy and colourful Caesar Canapés. These are ideal for catering for a large crowd and would go down especially well at a summer garden party.
Using Nola Reduced Oil Salad Dressing as the base for the dressing ensures a consistent result that showcases the other ingredients used in the dressing. It also allows all the classic flavours of Caesar Salad to bind superbly to the salad leaves.
1 Sourdough Baguette
1 large head Cos Lettuce, torn
200g Flat Leaf Parsley, leaves
100g Cherry Tomatoes, halved
6 Eggs, soft boiled
6 Anchovies, crushed
2 cloves Garlic
1/2 Lemon, juice and zest
15ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
75ml Nola Reduced Oil Salad Dressing
Optional: White anchovies for garnish
1. Crush garlic and combine with zest of lemon, olive oil, grated parmesan, Nola Reduced Oil Salad Dressing and crushed anchovies in a blender.
2. Thin with a bit of water and blend.
3. Prepare all the salad ingredients, except for the eggs, appropriately and place into one bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad.
4. Mix well until all salad ingredients are coated.
5. Slice the baguette and toast with olive oil and garlic rub.
6. Top the toasted baguette with salad, ¼ of soft boiled egg and piece of white anchovy.