Prosecco has taken the world by storm over the past decade, enjoying double-digit growth in the United States, United Kingdom and Europe to replace champagne as the sparkling wine of choice. And now brothers Chez and Alex Valenti have created Prosecco SA to bring the Italian bubbles to South Africa, after scouring the Veneto region for the finest prosecco producers.
“We have always had a real passion for the produce of Italy, and especially prosecco, and were simply looking for the very best prosecco to introduce to South Africa,” explains Alex Valenti, Managing Director of Prosecco SA.
Their journey eventually led them to the cellar door of Valdo Spumanti, a family-owned winemaker from the iconic village of Valdobbiadene. The Valdo story dates back to 1926, when a group of pioneering winemakers came together to focus on producing premium prosecco. In the decades since, Valdo has grown to become one of the most respected prosecco producers in Italy and an embodiment of the winemaking traditions of the Veneto.
“South Africa is tracking the global growth in demand for quality prosecco, and Valdo Spumanti is the perfect way to discover the category,” enthuses Valenti. “Valdo is also one of the only Italian prosecco producers that specialises exclusively in sparkling wines, and we believe they offer the best quality prosecco at an affordable price point.”
Accessibility, value-for-money and a sense of celebration is key to the growing success of prosecco, as wine-lovers worldwide discover the welcome lack of formality that defines this uniquely Italian sparkling wine.
“Prosecco is not stiff or formal. It’s about family, life, love and celebrations. And in all of those things, you should have a bottle of prosecco in the middle… it’s a drink for Life Lovers!” adds Valenti.
The Valdo Prosecco range consists of:
- Valdo Prosecco DOC Extra Dry has a classic bouquet of apples and pears, and is produced in the hills of Treviso.
- Valdo Prosecco DOCG Brut has a floral character on the nose with a dry backbone, making it a perfect companion to food.
- Valdo Prosecco Fondatore Brut is produced from both Glera and Chardonnay grapes and was aged in French barrels to bring a subtle oak-driven character. Perfect as an aperitif.
- Valdo Prosecco Cartizze Dry is sourced from vineyards on the Veneto’s iconic Cartizze hills, and has a vibrant bouquet and slightly sweeter palate.
- Valdo 90 is created according to méthode champenoise. The wine is aged for more than three years to highlight the complexity and character of prosecco.
- The Valdo Rosé Brut is made in a similar style, with grapes from hand-selected vineyards ensuring a perfect balance of sweetness and acidity in the wine.
- Valdo Rosé Floral Brut, in an eye-catching bottle which was designed for Fashion Week, is made from a unique blend of Glera and Nerello grapes, this rosé-styled prosecco brings sweeter notes of ripe red berries to marry perfectly with crisp apple aromas.
Alongside the acclaimed proseccos from Valdo Spumanti, Prosecco SA is also the exclusive South African importer for two unique wines: a sought-after Kosher Extra Dry Prosecco by Val Do’Oco. and the low-sugar Skinny Prosecco made from organic grapes from Thomson & Scott Limited. Broadening the appeal and accessibility of prosecco is equally the driver behind Prosecco SA’s innovative new product: ‘Bubbly On Tap’
For more information visit http://www.proseccosa.co.za/; phone 010 020 3938 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit Valdo Prosecco on Facebook and follow @Proseccosa on Instagram to keep up to date with the latest news and products.