In the competitive world of hospitality, experience counts. Imagine creating a space where the artwork doesn’t begin and end on the walls. Where you can walk across windswept dunes, ancient cobbled walkways or rippling waves without leaving the building. Where you can safely hover above a deep gorge, a yawning elevator shaft or a wine cellar. Where every footstep boggles the mind, in the best way possible.
The latest trend in the world of flooring uses innovative 3D technology to create a world under your feet, and the sky is the limit! This innovative flooring is the ultimate optical illusion that adds an incredible sense of space and texture. It can be used as a you-won’t-believe-this focal point that just has to be captured on camera, or a room enhancement that creates the illusion of more space. It’s a funky way of promoting your branding in an area that’s often neglected, or it can be used to generate more foot traffic when guests just have to step inside to make sure that their eyes aren’t deceiving them.
3DFX Flooring is perfect for use in the hospitality sector because you’re not only creating a one-of-a-kind design, but choosing flooring materials that are exceptionally hard-wearing, lasting for a minimum of 15 years without altering in colour. The Epoxy floor is also seamless and can be cleaned easily with traditional cleaning materials and equipment.
Why choose 3DFX Flooring
- Visual Effect: Firstly, and most importantly, 3DFX Epoxy flooring looks sensational and creates a stunning visual effect. The correct design can not only create a showstopping design detail, endlessly drawing the eye, but it can also enhance the space by creating the illusion of a larger room.
- High Strength: Epoxy, which is used to install the flooring, is virtually impervious to the usual damage that floors traditionally endure. It’s highly resistant to acids, chlorine, bleaches and daily cleaners, making these floors a good choice for the hospitality sector. Another bonus of epoxy’s high strength is that, when properly installed, the 3D floor lasts for at least 15 years without the image’s colour adjusting.
- Easy Maintenance: With no seams, joints, cracks, pores or gaps in Epoxy 3D flooring, it’s absolutely immune to any kind of dust, water or chemicals.
- Safe and Hygienic: As the flooring is impenetrable, pathogens and bacteria cannot settle into it and create a health hazard. The flooring materials are also odourless, with no corrosive fumes, making it safe for human health.
- Fire Resistance: Epoxy doesn’t burn and is very resistant to high temperatures in the event of a fire. This is one of the reasons that the coating is used in manufacturing, warehouses, child care centres, and other places where an increased control of fire safety is required.
How it works
Unlike a sticker or painted vinyl that is directly under your feet, the installed epoxy 3D floor gives a real perception of depth and is installed so that it is impervious to the wear and tear that usually affects floor decorations.
The installation process is carried out by a professional contractor and takes a maximum of three days to cure completely. The first step involves laying down a layer of self-levelling primer, which is then followed by the desired image. This is treated with a transparent two-component epoxy or polyurethane to give the image depth. Lastly, a level of protective varnish is added.
For those looking for something a little less-permanent, temporary solutions are available and a great way of highlighting promotions that are taking place in your restaurant or hotel.