If you start to get food fatigue this feasting-filled Easter weekend and want to serve something a little lighter, why not try this classic vegetarian falafel wrap dish that’s been given a sweet and spicy twist with Peppadew Sweet Piquanté Peppers.
Cooking Time: 30 MINUTES
½ white onion
2 cloves garlic
½ cup parsley
½ cup coriander
1 can chickpeas, drained and patted dry
100g PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Hot Slices or Mild Whole, drained
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1 pinch of black Pepper
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
4 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons Tahini to serve
- Make sure the chickpeas and PEPPADEW® Sweet Piquanté Peppers Hot Slices or Mild Whole are well dried by patting them with paper towel.
- Roughly chop the onion, garlic, and parsley and add it to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to chop.
- Add the chickpeas, lemon juice, salt, pepper, baking powder, cumin, coriander, chickpea, flour, and breadcrumbs. Pulse until the mixture comes together when pressed but is still chunky. Don’t over blend.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Form falafel patties and fry until golden and crispy, about 5 minutes per side.
- To assemble the falafel wraps, warm the flatbread, then top with greens, tomato, onion, and falafel and PEPPADEW®Sweet Piquanté Peppers Hot Slices or Mild Whole. Drizzle generously with tahini sauce and serve with a wedge of lemon.