Showing that gin is not only restricted to summer imbibing, The Light House Boutique Suites in Paarl is offering guests a special opportunity to get up close and personal with award-winning distillers Wilderer Gin this winter with three G&Tea Weekends.
Set to take place in May, August and September, guests are invited to spend the weekend at the luxury boutique guest house while savouring a special gin experience – Wilderer Gin-cocktail options and a live distillation process, which showcases the intricacies involved in making world-class gin.
“We are excited to be partnering with Wilderer, South Africa’s most awarded craft distillery, says Darrol Buckton, The Light House’s General Manager. “Johan Mönnig, its head distiller will be giving insights into the production and concept of gin, while distilling a batch of The Light House’s own Fynbos gin, LIVE, for all guests to taste and enjoy.”
Some of the cocktails that’ll be showcasing the Wilderer Gin include:
- Negroni – Wilderer fynbos gin, Campari, Martini Rosso Vermouth, orange slice or peel to garnish
- Pineapple & Curry leaves – Wilderer fynbos gin, fresh curry leaves, pineapple wedge, rounded off with Indian tonic water.
- Spiced Apple Warmer – Wilderer fynbos gin, warm Apple juice, cinnamon and star anise
- Hot Gin & Tonic – Wilderer fynbos gin, tonic syrup and boiling water, served with an orange wedge
- Blueberry & Thyme – Wilderer fynbos gin, blueberries, grapefruit and thyme
- Peachy G&T – Wilderer fynbos gin, canned peach slices, peach syrup topped with Indian tonic water
The first of the ‘G&Tea’ weekends is scheduled for 18 to 20 May; the second for 10 to 12 August and the third, 21 to 23 September. The weekends are dependent on a minimum booking of three rooms or six persons.
For more information, visit The Light House Boutique Suites’ website.