Sophisticated and flavourful, Grilled Sirloin Steaks are topped with a beautiful and creamy mushroom and peppercorn sauce. In this recipe for Grilled Sirloin Steak with a Mushroom Peppercorn Cream, Marvello Multi-Purpose Fat Spread is used. To find out more about this product, click here to watch a video from RCL Foods’ Chef Brad Kavanagh.
Grilled Sirloin Steak with a Mushroom Peppercorn Cream
10x250g Sirloin Beef Steak
250g Garlic Clove, crushed
6g Black pepper, coarse ground
100g Wholegrain Mustard
20g Rosemary, chopped
20g Thyme, chopped
200ml Olive Oil
200g Multipurpose fat Spread
- Chop herbs and mix into mustard with garlic and sugar.
- Brush steaks with olive oil and season with pepper and salt.
- Place steaks on hot skillet or grill for 2-3 minutes on either side.
- Brush with herbed mustard, top with a block of fat spread and bake in oven until required doneness.
- Use a meat thermometer for accuracy – resting before serving is recommended.
Mushroom Peppercorn Cream
100g Marvello Butter flavoured Spread
300g Onions, finely chopped
20g Garlic crushed
1,21t Meadowland Classique
20g Thyme, chopped
- In a saucepan, melt Marvello Butter flavoured Spread flavoured fat spread on low.
- Braise onions until translucent and soft with sugar.
- Add garlic and mushrooms, paprika, thyme and cook until soft.
- Season with soy and pepper. finish with Meadowland Classique.
- Simmer on a low heat to infuse the cream not boil it.
2kg Potatoes, cut into even wedges
2g Black pepper – light grind
300g Lemons, cut into quarters
100g Multipurpose fat spread
- Place all potato wedges in a roasting pan and season with the balance of the ingredients, fat and water. Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven of 180°C
- Once tender, remove foil, toss with remaining pan juices and roast open for colour.
For more recipes, click here.