Fresh and tasty, we love this way of cooking and serving fish – especially with a tasty Garlic Butter Fondue on the side!
2kg Fish, fresh white fish such as Kingklip
200g Marvello Butter Flavoured spread Salt
300g Fresh Lemon
5 Red Chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
100g Coconut Flakes
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 2 hours.
- Cube fish into exact sizes and arrange skewers- squeeze over the fresh lemon.
- Melt Marvello Butter flavoured Spread, drizzle over skewers with seasoning and bake under the grill for 5-10 minutes until done with the lemon peel (discard for service).
- Serve on a banana leaf with fresh coconut flakes, chilli and coriander.
Garlic Butter Fondue
30g Herbs, chives
2kg Marvello Butter Flavoured Spread
- Melt Marvello Butter Flavoured Spread and strain through muslin cloth, heat with garlic and when serving add fresh chives – serve warm.
Hot water boiling in a pot
500g Broccoli (exchange for Asparagus or Courgettes)
100g Marvello Butter Flavoured Spread
150g Toasted Flaked Almonds
- Once water is boiling, add the broccoli until it brightens in colour for approx 3 minutes. Remove and refresh in iced water.
- When serving, toss in a hot pan with Marvello Butter Flavoured Spread and toasted almonds.
- Present fish skewers with a side of garlic Marvello Butter Flavoured Spread and condiments on a banana leaf.
500ml Spirit Vinegar
- Dissolve sugar into vinegar in saucepan – cool down after pickle cucumber in vinegar solution only when cold.