Created to be paired with Spier’s Seaward Chardonnay 2018, this creamy pasta dish is delicious and simple. The wine is lightly-wooded with a creamy palate and retails for about R110.
Creamy Smoked Chicken & Chive Pasta
15 ml olive oil
Small bunch of spring onions, finely sliced (reserve some for serving)
1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
2 medium size smoked chicken breasts (sliced)
250 ml fresh cream
10 ml wholegrain mustard
Salt & pepper (to taste)
Generous handful French chives, chopped (reserve some for serving)
About 200 g pasta of your choice, freshly boiled & drained
- In a wide pan, heat the oil and fry the spring onions and garlic over medium heat until they are soft and fragrant.
- Add the chicken and fry for a few minutes until lightly golden, then add the cream and mustard. Stir and bring to a simmer. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in half the chives.
- Add the pasta and toss to coat, then remove from the heat at once.
- Serve hot, scattered with more spring onions and the rest of the chives.