Tucked away in the bustling Joburg suburb of Rosebank, Clico Boutique Hotel is a quiet haven of refined yet laid-back comfort. The in-house restaurant gives Joburgers the opportunity to spend a few hours in the relaxed, light-filled space where tables are decked in white tablecloths.
The restaurant, headed up by Chef Marnus Scholly, changes its menu every quarter to showcase the fresh, seasonal ingredients available. While the space is certainly elegant, the menu embraces refined dining rather than fine dining, offering a 6-course tasting menu that can be accompanied by wine pairing. The menu is available until the end of February, and here’s what guests have in store:
- Corn Soup with dried tomatoes, spring onion and miso (paired with Mulderbsoch Brut MCC 2014)
- Cured and smoked salmon with potato salad, olives, quail eggs and capers (paired with Vondeling Sauvignon Blanc)
- Steamed mussels with saffron veloute and sourdough toast (paired with Vondeling Chardonnay)
- Beef fillet with mushroom puree and asparagus (paired with Morgenster Lourens River Valley Red)
- Lamb noisette with bread and butter pickle, curried butternut and mint jus (Beaumont Pinotage)
- Creme Caramel with berries, butterscotch macaron and salted caramel (Mulderbosch Sauvignon Blanc Noble Late Harvest)