This is a must for any dessert menu! Tangy cream cheese dipping sauce accompanies cinnamon brioche beignets to make for a sophisticated yet fun end to the meal.
Cinnamon Brioche Beignets with Cream Cheese Dipping Sauce
250g White Bread Flour
50ml Full Fat Milk
2 large Eggs
25g Castor Sugar
5ml Vanilla Extract
5g Instant Yeast
125g Marvello Bake, chopped
Cream cheese dipping sauce
140g Marvello Bake
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
460g Cream Cheese
200g Meadowland Cream
230g Icing Sugar
250g Castor Sugar
1 tsp lemon Zest
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Beat together flour, salt, milk, eggs, yeast, vanilla and sugar until a smooth dough forms.
- Slowly add the chopped Marvello, continue to mix until the dough comes together and starts to leave the sides of the bowl. The dough will be very soft and smooth and slightly tacky.
- Place into a bowl with cling film in the fridge overnight.
- Remove from the fridge and knead to bring dough together, roll out the dough till approximately 2cm thick, then cut into rustic small diamond or rectangular pieces of dough, each weighing approximately 15g.
- Grease a baking tray and lay the pieces of dough out to prove. Heat oil for deep frying. Deep fry each beignet until golden brown. la y onto absorbent kitchen towel.
- Roll into the mixture of castor sugar and ground cinnamon.
- To make the dipping sauce, beat together the cream cheese, Marvello, icing sugar, vanilla and lemon till smooth.
- Add the Meadowland and beat till smooth.
- Serve the freshly fried beignets with the dipping sauce on the side.