Ready2Go’s new Lemon & Black Pepper Chichen Schnitzels get a trendy Mexican makeover in this recipe for Tacos! Served in tortilla wraps with guacamole, salsa and a sour cream drizzle, this is a must-cook dish for summer.
For the chicken schnitzels:
2 Ready2Go Lemon & Black Pepper Chicken Schnitzels
Vegetable oil, for frying
For the salsa:
Handful of cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/4 onion, finely chopped
Small handful of coriander, roughly chopped
1/2 red chilli, finely chopped
1 Tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
Squeeze of lemon juice
1 baby gem lettuce, shredded, to serve
1/2 cup (125 ml) guacamole, to serve
Sour cream, to serve (optional)
Lime wedges, for serving
For tortilla wraps:
4 tortilla wraps, lightly toasted
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry chicken schnitzels for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown, crispy and cooked through.
- Remove from pan and drain on absorbent paper. Season lightly with salt and pepper, slice into strips and set aside.
To make the salsa:
- Place the cherry tomatoes, chopped onion, coriander, chilli, olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl and toss to combine. Season with a little salt and pepper and set aside.
To assemble the tacos:
- Smear a little guacamole onto each tortilla, followed by some shredded lettuce, chicken schnitzel strips, salsa and a drizzle of sour cream.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and extra lime wedges and serve immediately.