Chef & Partner, Buitenverwachting Restaurant
Austrian chef, Edgar Osojnik, has been wowing guests at Constantia’s exclusive Buitenverwachting Restaurant for over a decade. In Austria where he received a Professional Cooking Certificate at The Austrian Chamber of Industrial Economy and a Food & Beverage Management Diploma from WIFI/Austrian Chamber of Industry. He also did a 3 year Apprenticeship at The Astoria Hotels in Austria. Where after he work at several restaurants in Austria from 1986 until 1995.
Regular customers consider Buitenverwachting worthy of a Michelin Star, and enjoy frequenting this delightful venue that caters for all occasions.
In 2006 he did internships at 3-Michelin-Star Restaurant “Dieter Mueller” and 3-Michelin-Star Restaurant “Le Verdome”, both in Germany.
Executive chef and partner (since 2004) of Buitenverwachting Restaurant, Edgar believes his menu is first and foremost about skill, and maintains: “It has to work, or it’s not going on the menu.” He gets his inspiration from Mother Nature, basic ingredients, and old recipe books: “I don’t follow trends, but I include them”, he says. This is obviously a recipe for success as his long list of accolades attest.
Offering relaxed, fine dining in a contemporary, continental atmosphere “with a South African Touch”, Buitenverwachting, as its name translates, is truly “beyond expectations.”
Awards & Accolades for Buitenverwachting Restaurant
- Platinum Fine Dining Restaurant American Express – 2009
- Diamond Award Winelist of the Year Diners Club International – 2008
- Platinum Fine Dining Restaurant American Express – 2008
- 10 Year Achievement Award American Express – 2008
- Platinum Award Winelist of the Year Diners Club International – 2007
- Honorary Member Austrian Food Guide/BOEG since – 2006
- 5 Star Chef Wine Magazine Top 100 Restaurants – 2000-2005
- Eat Out Johnnie Walker Award Eat Out Magazine/Johnnie Walker – 2003
- Best Restaurant in Africa Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung/Germany – 2002
- Davidoff Gourmet Festival Sylt/Germany – 2002
- Winner of the Floating Trophy Chaîne de Rôtisseurs – 2001
- Runner-up Fine Dining Business Day Newspaper – 2000
- Winner Tony Jackman/Fine Dining Tony Jackman/Cape on a Plate – 1998
- Winner Fine Dining Business Day Newspaper – 1998
- Winner Fine Dining Business Day Newspaper – 1997