These light and fluffy savoury scones are packed full of cheese, spring onions and macon, and would be a welcome addition to any brunch menu. This recipe for Cheddar, Spring Onion and Macon Scones is made with Marvello Bake, and to find out more about this ingredient, click here.
Cheddar, Spring Onion and Macon Scones
80g Spring Onions, chopped
2tsps Mustard Powder
200g Macon, chopped
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
80g Marvello Bake
250ml Full Fat Plain Yoghurt
400g Cake Flour
2 Large Eggs
200g Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan assisted.
- Fry the macon and spring onions together till cooked, set aside.
- Sift the dry ingredients and rub in the cold chopped Marvello Bake with fingertips till it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the grated cheese.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and the yoghurt together and add the cooked macon and spring onions.
- Gently combine the wet and dry ingredients and bring together to form a dough. Do not over mix.
- Turn dough out and shape into a circle, press down lightly till it is approximately 4cm thick.
- Cut the dough into 12 wedges, place each wedge on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Brush each scone with beaten egg then top with a bit more grated cheese and a sprig of fresh thyme.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
For more recipes, click here.