A twist on a classic that uses hearty root vegetables butternut and sweet potato instead of potatoes, this recipe for Butternut Sweet Potato Bake makes for a great side served family style or cooked in smaller portions for an individual side. By using vegetables that are rich in nutrients and vitamins, the bake is given a healthy overhaul – but it’s no less delicious. The recipe features Meadowland Classique, and you can find out more about this convenient ingredient by clicking here to watch a video from RCL Foods’ executive chef Brad Kavanagh.
Butternut Sweet Potato Bake
1,2kg Butternut, peeled and sliced 1cm thickness
500g Sweet potato, washed and sliced 1cm thickness
500ml Meadowland Classique
- In a pot, bring to a pail all the ingredients with herbs and cream and immediately remove from heat.
- Rub the dish with Marvello Multi-purpose fat spread.
- Place the slices of butternut and sweet potato in the dish, alternating the layers.
- Bake with foil on until tender – once tender, place under the grill for colour and serve.
- One could add parmesan or bread crumbs to the top for variety.
For more recipes from our website, you can click here.