A twist on a classic that uses hearty root vegetables instead of potatoes, this makes for a great side served family style.
Butternut Sweet Potato Bake
1,2kg Butternut, peeled and sliced 1cm thickness
500g Sweet potato, washed and sliced 1cm thickness
500ml Meadowland Classique
- In a pot, bring to a pail all the ingredients with herbs and cream and immediately remove from heat.
- Rub the dish with Marvello Multi-purpose fat spread.
- Place the slices of butternut and sweet potato in the dish, alternating the layers.
- Bake with foil on until tender – once tender, place under the grill for colour and serve.
- One could add parmesan or bread crumbs to the top for variety.