The Queen’s Hotel joins BON Hotel’s growing portfolio as they sign a new management agreement
“Established in 1880, and recently restored to her original beauty, the Queen’s Hotel is a grand dame of South African hoteliery. What’s exciting for BON is that she is a much-loved landmark in Oudtshoorn, itself an incredibly special town – the heart of the Klein Karoo and jewel of the Garden Route.” The Queen’s Hotel boasts 42 elegant rooms complete with modern amenities and luxurious touches. The hotel has two eateries, the Colony Restaurant and Café Brûlé.
The Colony Restaurant dishes up delicious, unmistakeably South African fare, while Café Brûlé, with its in-house bakery and semi-enclosed streetside setting, has become a popular coffee spot for guests and Oudtshoorn locals alike.
“The Queen’s Hotel combines old world charm with warm, Karoo hospitality, and it already has an enviable, loyal customer base of international and domestic visitors. Of course, it’s rich history and position also make it a very exciting addition for BON,” says Stehlik. “There is much to do and explore for young and old alike in Oudtshoorn, and a stay at the Queen’s Hotel will offer even more for visitors to the region. We look forward to a really successful partnership with the owners and Queen’s Hotel team.” Currently, the BON Hotels portfolio include hotels across South Africa, Swaziland, Nigeria, Ghana and Ethiopia.
In terms of BON Hotel’s South African footprint, the Queen’s Hotel joins:
- BON Hotel Bloemfontein Central (Free State)
- Elephant Lake Hotel by BON Hotels (KwaZulu-Natal)
- St Lucia Lodge by BON Hotels (KwaZulu-Natal)
- Royal Palm Hotel and Apartments by BON Hotels (KwaZulu-Natal)
- BON Hotel Empangeni (KwaZulu-Natal)
- BON Hotel Waterfront Richards Bay (KwaZulu-Natal)
- BON Hotel Rustenburg (North West)
- Buckler’s Africa Lodge by BON Hotels (Mpumalanga)
- Shishangeni by BON Hotels (Mpumalanga)
- Mountain View by BON Hotels (Mbabane)
- Protea Hotel Durbanville (Cape Town, Western Cape)
- Cape Diamond Boutique Hotel by BON Hotels
Stehlik says that BON Hotels takes over the administration, management and marketing of the Queen’s Hotel on Wednesday, 01 June 2022.
For more information, comment and a gallery of images contact:
Marelise Stehlik – firstname.lastname@example.org
Teresa Richardson – email@example.com