We love this recipe for couscous-stuffed fillet from Pouyoukas – give it a try!
Whole wheat Couscous Stuffing
1 cup cooked Pouyoukas whole wheat couscous
2 spring onions, finely chopped
4 tablespoons (60 ml) chopped fresh dill
4 tablespoons (60 ml) chopped coriander
4 tablespoons (60 ml) horseradish sauce
1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
Squeeze of lemon juice
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 kg whole beef fillet
Extra horseradish sauce, to serve
Sliced spring onions, to serve
- Combine the couscous, spring onions, dill, coriander, horseradish sauce, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper, mix well and set aside.
- Slice the fillet down the middle, taking care not to cut all the way through and flatten out on a clean work surface.
- Season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Fill the fillet with the stuffing, taking care not to overfill.
- Roll up and secure the entire fillet with kitchen string.
- Season the outside of the fillet.
- Heat some olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and sear the fillet on all sides.
- Transfer to a lined baking tray and roast in a preheated 200°C oven for 20 minutes.
- Let the meat rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with extra spring onions and horseradish sauce.