Comfort through science and technology
1. The Rest Assured Ortho-Coil spring is double knotted, at the top as well as the bottom, for even distribution of tension.
2. The spring unit contains extra Ortho-Coil springs for ideal back support and durability.
3. Ortho-Coil springs are all double tempered.
4. The woven damask cover is micro-quilted onto layers of luxurious buoyant foam and polyester.
5. Layers of high-density Restex provide optimum back support.
6. Permaflex acts as a firm foundation to support the spine and provide superlative comfort.
7. Sagging is prevented and internal bracing is provided by coir insulating fabric, needle-punched onto backing and fixed on either side of the springs.
8. Frame wire is spot-welded on the corners and fixed with helical wire around the perimeter, to stabilize the spring unit and prevent edge roll.
9. Double-tempering oven tempers the entire spring unit.
10. The entire Ortho-Coil spring unit is hardened in the double-tempering process, for extra long life.
11. Hardened Ortho-Coil unit before pre-setting to reduce sag.
12. During the pre-setting process the Ortho-Coil spring unit is compressed several times under extreme pressure.
13. Ortho-Coil spring unit after pre-setting.
The Bonnel spring used in the Ortho-Coil Collection is the classic inner spring and has, through the years, been proved to be the most reliable.
The number of springs per mattress varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. Rest Assured has more springs per mattress than required by SABS 1005 of 1979 specification.
One inner spring is not the same as another. The exclusive Ortho-Coil spring used by Rest Assured is double-tempered during two separate tempering processes. In addition, each spring is double-knotted - at the top as well as at the bottom - to add strength and provide maximum surface coverage. This ensures even distribution of tension across the entire spring, preventing tilting in one direction.
The diameter of the center coils of each spring is smaller than that of the coils at the top and bottom, to create extra firmness when compressed. Springs are also preset to eliminate initial sagging.
To form the complete Ortho-Coil spring unit, all the individual springs are joined by helical wires.