You are here: Home | Recipes | Orley Foods Recipes | Orley Choc Pecan Nut Pie
Recipes | Orley Foods Recipes | Orley Choc Pecan Nut Pie
Orley Choc Pecan Nut Pie
by Orley Foods
- 150g Glucose
- 150g Golden syrup
- 2.5 Eggs
- 50g Butter
- 100g Sugar
- 125g Pecan nut
- 150g Orley Chocolate Dark
- 300g flour
- 200g butter
- 100g castor sugar
- 1 egg
- Line a small tart mould with sweet pastry.
- Place it in the fridge to rest.
- Place the butter, sugar glucose in a saucepan and heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Bring up to the boil, remove from the heat and add the Orley Choc Dark.
- Mix a small amount of hot liquid into the egg mixture then whisk until everything is incorporated.
- Line the mould with the pecan nuts (on top of the pastry)
- Pour the mixture over and bake at 170°C until set.About 15 – 20 minutes.
- Makes 4 small tart moulds.
- Soften the butter and the sugar.
- Slowly mix in the egg.
- Fold in the sifted flour and make into a ball.
- Roll out and use for base for the Chocolate Pecan tart.
- Once the base is lined, blind bake and then place pecan mixture into it and bake as per above instructions.