You are here: Home | Recipes | Desserts | Orange Souffle Crêpes
Recipes | Desserts | Orange Souffle Crêpes
Orange Souffle Crêpes
by From The Farm Kitchen by Colette Comins
The crêpes have to be filled at the last minute and placed under the grill and then sauced. Make sure you’ve prepped everything ahead of time.
- 140 g cake (plain) flour
- 3 eggs
- 250 ml milk
- 125 ml water
- 15 ml oil
- 15 ml brandy
- icing sugar for dusting
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 250 ml fresh cream
- 375 ml orange juice
- 50 ml sugar
- 125 ml Van der Hum liqueur
- 15 ml cornflour mixed with a little water
- 2 egg whites
- crème pâtissière
- Prepare the crêpes first. Beat all the ingredients together, except the icing sugar, until smooth. Place in the refrigerator and leave to rest for 30 minutes. Heat a non-stick crêpe pan and fry a little mixture at a time. Flip over and cook the other side. Set aside until ready to serve.
- To make the chocolate sauce, melt the chocolate and cream together in a double boiler and stir until smooth. Serve at room temperature.
- To make the orange sauce, bring all the ingredients to the boil for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
- To make the filling, beat the egg whites until stiff, then fold them into the crème pâtissière.
- To assemble, fill the crêpes and fold into a triangular shape. Place each filled crêpe on a serving plate and grill until the custard mixture puffs up and is slightly browned. Pour both sauces over and dust with icing sugar.