|Get your recipes in
to stand the chance of winning R20 000 in cash!
Mastercraft and Pastrex are premium bakery fats with a heritage dating back more than 30 years. Trusted by successful pastry chefs and bakers alike, the call is now extended to the next generation of young, up and coming bakers to demonstrate their creative flair with these brands.
|The Sime Darby Hudson & Knight Baking Masters is a celebration of traditional baking excellence and will reward those entrants who love to bake and in the process demonstrate attention to detail, creativity and an understanding of flavours!
The competition will be overseen by the legendary chef, Jodi Ann Pearton (the current SACA Competition Judge) who will be supported by leading industry professionals such as Dr. Bill Gallagher and Chef Steven Billingham.
The competition offers culinary students, corporate teams and professional chefs the opportunity to win awesome cash prizes coupled with massive exposure in leading media platforms throughout the hospitality sector.
|There are 3 categories to the competition:
Culinary students : Individual Entries
First prize – R10,000 and a personal feature in Chef! Magazine
Professional Chefs: Individual Entries
First prize – R20,000 and a double page editorial feature in Chef! Magazine and Hospitality Marketplace
Corporate Teams: Teams of max 4 members compete with other corporate teams
First prize – R20,000 for the team and exposure for their establishment in Chef! Magazine and Hospitality Marketplace
|How to participate
- To be eligible to participate in this competition, recipes are to be baked from scratch using one of the following bakery fats: Mastercraft White, Mastercraft Yellow, Pastrex Croissant, Pastrex Magnum or Pastrex Super.
- Any recipe or product using a bakery premix will be disqualified.
- Entries are to be submitted with a picture and on www.hospitalitymarketplace.co.za by
Friday 31 August 2012.
- The competition’s panel of the South African Chef’s Association will review the entries and shortlist three entrants from each category.
- The finalists will be invited to the final baking event to be held at ‘The Southern Sun Centre for Culinary Excellence.
- The entrants will be required to prepare their recipes and present the products to a panel of leading chefs.
- Shortlists will be announced on
Friday 14 September 2012.
- Finalists will be required to participate in the final ‘bake off’ event to be held in September 2012.